Residents of the Sumner, Eddyville, Miller area enjoy a wonderful quality of life. To ensure that quality of life continues well into the future, many are considering the option of giving charitably to support the community. Now you have an easy way to give back through the Mustang Country Community Foundation.
Mustang Country Community Foundation is an organization dedicated to enhancing the life of the citizens of the Sumner, Eddyville, Miller area. By promoting economic viability, providing education opportunities, and working to preserve and expand the amenities of the three communities, we will create a dynamic and welcoming place to live. It is the ultimate goal of the organization to create progressive and positive change and thereby improve the quality of life for all residents in the Sumner, Eddyville, Miller area.
The foundation is comprised of six committees. Each committee works towards achieving the ultimate goal of the organization by completing projects that contribute to the whole community. Those committees are:
- Housing Needs Committee -- Dick Pierce
- Marketing Committee -- Loye Wolfe
- Welcoming Committee -- Patti Stevens and Janna Pierce
- Clean-Up Committee -- LeRoy Lambert
- Senior and Youth Committee -- Dave Irwin
- Emergency Management Committee -- Ron Pierce
- Fund Raising Committee -- Mandy Zerr
The membership of Mustang Country Community Foundation shall comprise the members of the Board of Trustees, as they shall be elected and serve from time to time. Each member of the Mustang Country Community Foundation Board shall be qualified to vote or furnish any necessary consent, approval or ratification or take other action on any issue that may be properly presented to the Board of Trustees. Bylaws of the Mustang Country Community Foundation - for a Non-Profit Organization are available.
Regular meeting date of the Board of Trustees is held on the second Sunday of each month at 2:30 pm at the United Church of Sumner West Campus. Each committee meets independently, please contact committee chair for meeting dates and times.
The Board of Trustees is comprised of each committee chair and one delegated member of each town board.
- Sumner - Cindy Ansbach
- Miller - Tami Nichols
- Eddyville - Bryce Swanson
Over 40 community people now serve on the committees set up for Mustang Country Community Foundation. Current projects include:
- Fundraising for Eddyville community building project
- Annual Senior Citizen Valentines celebration
- Website Development (www.sumner-eddyville-miller-ne.com)
- Benefit for community member
- Welcome packages for new members to our communities
- Community cleanup days in all three towns
Ways to Give:
- Gifts of cash
- Gifts of appreciated property
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts by will or by trust
- Gifts that provide income (charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust)
- Gift of Grain or Livestock
RELEASED MAY 19, 2008: Economic Development Seminar to Be Held RELEASED MAY 6, 2008: Mustang Country is now on the Web
"The communities of Sumner, Eddyville and Miller, collectively known as Mustang Country, are now on the World Wide Web. The new website went live April 21, and gives residents and visitors a place to find out important news and information about these three communities."
RELEASED MAY 6, 2008: Mustang Country is now on the Web
PO Box 35 - Sumner, NE 68878